Marketing & PR Manager
SJM Concerts is at the forefront of the UK live music and entertainment market. We promote the biggest UK bands and many world famous artists in the concerts and events industry.
Work within our busy marketing team to maximize exposure of events promoted by SJM Concerts. Implement marketing campaigns to generate sales for new tours and events via various platforms including digital, press, radio, television, outdoor and print.
Being highly efficient, organized and enthusiastic, with an ability to thrive under pressure in a stressful environment – and a passion for the music industry is a must.
Market all events promoted by SJM Concerts in conjunction with promoters and producers in a cost effective and efficient manner to the excellent first class standards on which SJM Concerts has built its reputation.
- In close collaboration with members of the marketing, press and digital teams, you will create and implement marketing campaigns for SJM tours and events.
- Liaise with partners and external agencies to coordinate and book print, digital, outdoor, TV and radio advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate the creation of touring artwork and video trailers and the asset approval process with promoters, agents and management for print and online.
- Work with SJM’s digital team to implement online marketing activity including social media ads, sponsored posts and online advertisements including PPC, pre-roll video, audio and display.
- Offer creative ideas and suggestions for tour and event announcements and general marketing campaigns as needed.
- Monitor and adhere to the marketing budgets agreed with the respective SJM promoter.
- Collaborate with the SJM ticketing service to facilitate the setting up of the artist, the venue and external pre-sales as needed.
- Liaise with venues, ticket agents, media partners and agents to ensure they have all essential material for new event / tour announcements and maintain correspondence throughout campaigns.
- Oversee print distribution campaigns including hand-to-hand flyers, creation of multiple flyers, organization of presentations, poster prints and tailor-made street marketing initiatives.
- Work with the Marketing Administrator and Campaign Manager to ensure all necessary service administration, including billing, multi-campaign expense splitting and any other filing, is recorded and handled efficiently.
- Work outside of required hours, including on-site at festivals and outdoor shows.
- Perform any other duties requested by directors or the head of marketing and public relations.
Skills / Qualifications required:
- Appropriate qualification and / or diploma-level education is desired, and a minimum of 2 years of marketing experience is required, preferably in a music, live entertainment, creative arts, culture or lifestyle.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of the music / live industry is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of relevant marketing channels (including social media, print media, street marketing, digital, radio and TV) is highly desirable.
- Experience working under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in budget management and advertising reservation that will provide an effective return on investment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to write in a concise manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for the role and willingness to help and work as part of a strong team.
Closing Date: Noon, Friday November 26, 2021
Please send CV and cover letter to [email protected]